At Kelley Family Dentistry, we use several types of new and cutting edge dental technology to assist us in maintaining and improving your dental health.
Our dental laser of choice is the Solea laser, and there are many preventative and restorative procedures that can benefit from the use of a dental laser. One of the added benefits of lasers is that they are extremely accurate, making healing much faster. Here are a few of the ways we can use the Solea laser to improve your dental health:
- Anesthesia-free restorations
- Soft tissue recontouring
- Expedited soft tissue healing
- Improvement of muscle attachment
We will use the Visually Enhanced Lesion Scope, or VELScope, to perform a quick and accurate oral pathology screening. We are also able to quickly and accurately detect any other potential oral problems as a part of our preventative dental care to keep you healthy.
With the use of digital X-ray technology, we are able to examine the health of your teeth and gums much more accurately than with conventional X-rays. We are also able to immediately share with you what we see in the images that we take.
Here are just a few of the benefits and uses for digital X-rays:
- Finding Cavities – with digital X-rays, images can detect the cavities in the earliest stages, which helps to stop them before they can become a major problem.
- Uses only a fraction of the radiation of traditional x-rays to capture a picture of your teeth.
- Look at Tooth Roots – this can help to see the health of the root of the tooth and the tooth pulp.
- See Developing Teeth – we are able to see if your adult teeth are developing the way they should before they grow in.
We embrace technology and all of the benefits that come with it because we know that is the best way to assure that we are providing you with excellent dental care.Call us or schedule an appointment online to see how we can use dental technology to improve your dental health!