At Kelley Family Dentistry, we want to be here for you when you have a dental emergency, and that is why we provide emergency dental services. We know that accidents are never convenient, so you will need to have access to dental care during those inconvenient and unexpected moments when accidents occur. If you believe you have sustained a life-threatening injury, you should call 911 for immediate help.
There are some dental injuries that we can help you to treat even before you arrive to our office that can give you some immediate relief from pain or help save a dislodged tooth. That is why it is important that you call us immediately if you have a non-life-threatening dental injury, and here are just a few examples:
- Toothache – A good rule to follow is that if it hurts, then it is a serious issue. Persistent tooth pain can be a sign of a more serious problem.
- Chipped Tooth – A chipped tooth will need to be repaired as soon as possible because the living tissue inside of the tooth could be exposed.
- Dislodged Permanent Tooth – Call us immediately if you have a tooth that has been knocked out. If you find the tooth, we will be able to give you instructions over the phone of how to care for the tooth until we can repair it.
- Injured Gums – An injury to the gums could also cause injury to the root of the tooth, so it is important that you contact us if you injure your gums.
- Lost Crowns – Sometimes a crown can get knocked loose or become loose from normal daily use. Give us a call if this happens because if the crown is off, then that means the part of the tooth the crown is meant to protect is exposed to food and bacteria.
- Lost Fillings – Similar to lost crowns, a lost filling leaves the tooth exposed to food and bacteria that could lead to tooth decay.
We are here for you when those inconvenient dental emergencies occur, so please don’t hesitate to give us a call in your time of need. We want you to be healthy and happy!